Friday, March 31, 2006

:: The Rat Race ::

"I had two fathers, a rich one and a poor one. One was highly educated and intelligent; he had a Ph.D and completed four years of undergraduate work in less than two years. He then went on to Stanford University, the University of Chicago, and Northwestern University to do his advance studies, all on full financial scholarships. The other father never finished eighth grade. Both men were successful in their careers, working hard all their lives. Yet one struggled financially all his life. The other would become one of the richest men in Hawaii. One died leaving tens of millions of dollars to his family, charities and his church. The other left bills to be paid."

Being financially literate is important. Money is important, it is even more important as we get older, that is what I feel at least ... 3 years back, money didn't seem to be thought deeply of. Now, conversation among colleagues, friends and family would be about properties, savings, shares, yada yada yada ... Some ppl of my age would be purchasing properties, a condominium or even a landed property. How about me? Where do I stand? When would I even get my first property? Im not young anymore ... =(

The book "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" has opened my mind in several perspectives. Some of which I totally agree but there were a number of statements which I totally do not agree as it just has no strong standings, mostly being unreasonable and unrealistic. IMHO, being rich is a key to live happy but it must always go together with other elements such as love for family, friends and nature. Its just like a cooking recipe. Missing out some ingredients would make the dish turn out bad no matter how much main ingredient u put in. There has to be balance in everything you do ...

++Lynn++

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home