Tuesday, May 10, 2005

:: Screw Those Ppl Up There ::

Have u ever wonder why some cars tend to have more than one road tax on their windscreens despite having only one valid road tax?
I almost became one of them .... Here's my story ... I just had my road tax renewed ... n i was off to remove my old road tax from my windscreen ... n ta-da ... IT JUST WON'T COME OFF!! What a way to start my day ... so I tried using my nails instead ... it was a lil more improvement than the previous attempt of peeling d sticker ... at least lil' lil' crumbs came out ... then i tried using a wet cloth n my fingernails to scratch them off ... it did come out .... but its taking yrs ... then there came my greatest savior of d day ... my DADDIEE wif all his 'ka chang' (equipment)!! He came with a pen knife a.k.a. a blade to scrape off d remaining pieces of d sticker which is about 50% ... n used some chemical to clean d stains ... YEA!! I can finally stick my new road tax after almost an hour of work!! =)
Put my happy ending aside ... y in d 1st place that d ppl up there wanted to change from d old flexible n friendly road tax to the new n enhanced but rather annoying n sticky road tax? Didn't they think about drivers like me who has no choice but have my car parked under d sun 24/7 ? I believe that I'm not d only person who has to go through this as I see many ppl who did not take d trouble to remove their old road taxes. How about people who were unfortunate to have their windscreen shattered? What will happen to their road tax? Would they have to get a new road tax? This is so not feasible!! They should just resolve back to the old road tax where its less frustrating ...
Look at MyKad for an instance ... it has many great features all integrated into one small card ... but look at the other side ... how much problems will happen if its is actually implemented ... Same goes to d road tax ... maybe its not such a big isuue compared to MyKad but it is similar in a way where d big ppl up there onli thinks about how good n great this solution will be but it neva come across their mind of d cons of implementing it. Sad to say ... but this is how it is in Malaysia ... High ambitions but Bad planning ...
++ Lynn ++

5 Comments:

At May 10, 2005 11:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wah.. i can smell the fumes coming out of Lynn. But i can see why she so angry. I agree that the new sticky roadtax is not so good because its hard to peel off when i had to replace my road tax. Secondly, i've seen many cars that have partially peeled road tax. Looked like it got nibbled by rats.

From my experience (x2), when my windscreen shattered, the old road tax tears anyway. I had to go to the post office to get the replacement road tax, if i remember correctly. I bet that the new road tax won't fare any better.

 
At May 10, 2005 1:57 PM , Blogger MeL said...

hey whn ur in Malaysia all the complains just start flowing profousely.....stating ur points it does apply that its utter crap but trust me the crap in Malaysia is still in the level of acceptance but over here...its come to a level of non-acceptance....my example would be a simple bank transfer that bloody hell takes 5 working days to do wherelse in Malaysia it bloody hell is just a click away,so much for all the big talk about the 'european' countries...deep inside its utter crap!!! :)

 
At May 13, 2005 6:11 AM , Blogger Adeline Ho said...

Hahha ... yea I was angryy at tat time ... =P Yea ... mine looks like it was nibbled by a group of rats at 1st coz d middle part came out but the sides remained ... lol

Hey Mel!! I guess no matter where we r we will still complain coz those ppl up there just do not know how to think for their citizens!!

 
At May 13, 2005 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! I dint know dad came to save u with his cute lil 'ka changs' (tools)" kakaka!! He's the other version of Home Improvement, except its Car Improvement for him.. haha!! i can actually imagine dad's face doing that that thing now!! hahaah! LOL!

 
At May 14, 2005 8:48 AM , Blogger Adeline Ho said...

Hahahah ... yes ur cute lil' dad ... with dat funny lil' grin saying .."Hahaha ... y u soo stupid ...look who's soo smart ... Smart leh?!?!" (n continues scrapping d remainders) LOL!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home